Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Gorgeous Glittering Snow

7) You'll miss the snow days!

Alrighty. I have been really busy with school these past few days and so I decided to hold off until I had free time. Well, when Mom woke me up at 6 this morning, I knew that I was gonna have some free time. Yes, thank the goodness of the world, it's a snow day! I slept until 10 this morning, but only in fragments. I thought back on all the busy things that were happening this week. In Language Arts, Mrs. G was has been making us write a 4-6 page research paper on immigrants from a certain country (mine is Greece) and then we had to write 30 note cards, 3 speech cards, and then prepare a Power Point presentation that has to be from 4-6 minutes long, and make speech cards for that! So my speech, when I practiced last night, was 10 minutes long! That's a problem seeing as I'm 4 minutes over the limit. So I cut it down and now it's 5 minutes and 50 seconds. Woo.
On a happier note, I had L over! We went to the A Cappella concert that my school holds every year. It was great. The Xtension Chords ( see LINK!) are my favorite, because they are hilarious and they are great singers. There was No Comment (see LINK!) who were really good too and sang quite a few popular songs. Then there was Four Feet Long (see LINK!) who were pretty good, but I still like the Xtension Chords best! Oh, and C won the new iPod nano which has a camcorder with it. She was pretty excited.
On Sunday I went to the triplets house. We watched part of the Super Bowl (really only the part where Carrie Underwood sang the National Anthem) and then we hung out in K's room playing Would You Rather and listening to music. It was really fun! All in all it was a good weekend, and today should be fun too. I'm not looking forward to school coming again, but I'll survive, I suppose.

7 comments:

  1. You're still going to have snow days where you're going, Ki-Ki. :-)
    Glad you had a fun weekend and yay for getting to sleep in!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heyy-Heyy! Good news! I think with the totally cruddy roads right now, we might have school off AGAIN tomorrow!!!!!! My mom says that she didn't even know why we had a snow day today, but now it is sooooooo totally much worse outside. With the way it is right now, being like ten times worse than this morning, we could totally have another snow day! Woohoo! So totally amazingness! We can only hope and pray.... totally.
    ~Crip/M~
    P.S. In case you couldn't tell, my word for this comment was totally.

    ReplyDelete
  3. farmgirl_dk- I didn't think that they got much snow in the desert! I'll take your word for it though.
    M- Yes. I did pick up on the fact that totally was your word of the day in comments. We do have it off today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Im glad that you had a good time at the concert. It made the fact that I almost got stuck in the snow in the van and had to get out in my slippers worth it. Im just sayin.

    Oh. And Im happy for C that she won the ipod. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pshaw! Ya! Yay for snowdays! I wish every day could be a snow day. Ok, ok. I'll be reasonable... Every other week.
    ~Crip/M~

    ReplyDelete
  6. frugalmom- I'm sorry that you got stuck in the snow. It was really fun though. And C was and still is very excited about her iPod because she had just put hers through the washing machine.
    Cripple- Well, that is certainly more reasonable. But we would be in school for like two years for each school year to make up or all the time missed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We wouldn't be in school if there was a new law that stated: "Students only have to go to school when M says so." Then it would totally work!
    ~Crip/M~

    ReplyDelete