Thursday, February 4, 2010

The Terrible Horrible No Good Very Bad Day

6) Fruit is popular there.

As you may have guessed, I had a bad day. The cause of it was many sided, but it all came back to one thing: Washington.

Flashback- It was a dark and stormy night... OK no it wasn't but we'll say it was. It was around 8:30 pm when my mom came flying down to my room. I was on the phone with A, discussing her issues with her baton. Things with it are going badly right now and she was upset and I was scared.
As you can imagine things have been stressful around my house. I had just said to A "... and Mom doesn't usually upset me..." when, by golly, my mom flung the door open. She yelled "Hey!" and I thought that she had heard my less than friendly comment about her. Then, her voice getting ever louder- loud enough that A could hear it from the phone held in my hand- she asked " What's L's mom's name?!" I fumbled around in my overwhelmed brain for it, then she gave a name and I said that it was right. "She totally just put an offer on our house!" I stood there speechless, then told her that I had known that it would happen and she ran full speed back up the stairs. I told A that I would call her back and then cried. That wasn't the first time that I cried that night, and certainly not the last time that I did for a while. That was last night.

So, that's what happened. I was really miserable looking when I got to school. I was worried about A and awfulness was in my head. I wasn't even A's helper like I normally was. Everyone who I could have talked to about moving was so worried about A that they didn't notice that I was on the verge of tears all day. I ended up breaking down and crying a little bit in the bathroom at the end of the day. Then I couldn't even mope properly because I thought it was selfish with what A was going through. So then I felt even more upset and wasn't feeling good and wasn't hungry and wanted to go home so that I could be alone there instead of feeling alone at school where I couldn't talk to anyone.
Well. About 2 hours ago L's parents accepted our counter offer and we're supposed to leave at the beginning of April. And now I don't know if I have any tears left to cry. I can't feel bad now because I knew that this was happening when Mom picked up the phone and her face lit up and she talked in a slightly sweeter and higher voice to the person on the other line and when she shushed us. And now I am resignedly waiting for the sold sign.


6 comments:

  1. Ki-Ki, I'm sorry you're feeling so miserable over this. I know you can't see it now - and I'm fairly certain you don't want to hear this sort of thing - but I really, truly believe this is all going to work out. You *will* be happy again.

    I've been in exactly your position, though, and it's no fun. I, too, had to move once a long time ago and I absolutely did NOT want to go. I cried so much and worked myself up into such a state that I actually got sick. I cried all the time and at very inopportune times. Looking back now, the move and the time spent at the destination was one of the coolest experiences of my life, but at the time, I really believed it was the end of the world.

    p.s. I was 27 when I had to make that move. LOL (My husband got relocated and we had to move away from my family to California.)
    Hang in there, ok? ♥ ♥ ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. farmgirl_dk- I didn't know that you had moved to California! Thank you and I feel lots better now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ki-Ki! You are such a beautiful, caring young lady. I know it will be hard for you to move, but I also know how much you will grow from the experience. You have so much to offer others and it will be just a short time before you have made new friends and the best part is that with technology these days you never have to be far away from the friends you leave behind. Yay for cell phones and computers! We will miss you guys like crazy, but it's definitely not the end of our relationships.

    I'm glad you have this blog. I will continue to follow your adventure. You're an awesome writer!

    Love you,
    J.J.

    ReplyDelete
  4. J.J.- Thank you very much! And yes, YAY for cellphones and computers! You'll have to make sure G texts me and then little G when she gets a phone. I heard about my record being broken yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just dont know that I run full speed anywhere....but if you say Im fast then...well, Im fast!
    It *was* a hard day for you. All I will say is that I had to move many, many times and as scary and overwhelming as it feels when youre in the midst of it....it really does open so many doors for you. And at some point you may even find yourself feeling excited about it. And just know that by feeling that excitement it in no way means that you will miss the ones you leave behind any less. I have always been so thankful for the friends that I made at the places that I moved to.

    ReplyDelete
  6. frugalmom- You sure ran full speed up the stairs that fateful day of February 3rd. I did know that you moved a lot. It is scary and hectic and not very fun. I don't believe that it will remain this hard, but it will be for quite a while.

    ReplyDelete