Thursday, February 25, 2010

My, My, How Time Flies!


10) Even the desert has some trees.

It seems as if the clock can't make up it's mind. It just seems as though it goes faster and faster as the days go on. It seem like only yesterday that my dad got the call saying that he had the job. It seems like only yesterday that he left for Washington. Now, my parents already have a house chosen. Can you believe it? Time flies when... well... time flies. Now we may be in a house just after we get there. That's a relief, since rentals are scarce and rentals that would allow Darby are even more scarce. Darby would have had to stay with farmgirl_dk, which isn't bad, but I would have missed my baby!
Anyway, the clock will virtually stop next week. The battle of the school year, ISATs, are coming!
*weighing in at 5 pounds, with over 300 questions and twice as many rules, the ISATs!!!!*
*weighing in at x pounds, 3/4 year's knowledge, and a hatred of tests, little ole me!!!!!*
Oh, yes, you must watch this battle! Actually, you shouldn't. It is three hours if complete silence throughout the school. No one is looking forward to these, not even the teachers, who have given us the knowledge for these tests. ISATs don't even have perks anymore, since they've decided not to give us snacks during them anymore. Some teachers do, but I don't think that the school provides them.
A's baton issues are clearing up. This is REALLY exciting! Yay! Last night in band we played with the pep band for the regionals game. We dominated!!!! Woo!!!! Anyway, it was pretty hard. It was music for the grade above us, and that made it really hard, so I only hit half of the notes right. Mr. J said that that was pretty good, so I was pretty pleased. I was actually sort of upset too because S hit about a zillion more notes than me. ( I love ya, S!) We played Poker Face, Living on a Prayer, and a few other songs, and it was pretty awesome!
I only watched about half the game. When we weren't playing, I was texting my friend A.L. who was on the other side of the gym. He was a ditcher face! But that's OK because someone stole his phone.
All in all, this week has been pretty cool. We even did artsy stuff in language arts and social studies today. As for me and my battle against the clock, I hope time can slow down a little.

3 comments:

  1. Heyyyyyy! So I have officially dubbed ISATs as the WORST things EEEVVVVEEEERRRRRR!!!!!!! Gosh I hate them, and Mrs. G for giving us homework all through them. We are never gonna get a break. I'm sorry your dad has already left, but at least you may have a house when you get there! Yay for you... and Darby! Pep Band was AMAZING! We sounded soooooo cool!
    ~Crip/M~

    ReplyDelete
  2. M- You bet that we sounded cool! And yes, I second your dubbing. They are the worst... aside from your hands. Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey heyy!! Jeez i haven't been on here in forever....Anyway ISATs really do stink and I got the IMPOSSIBLE math extended response question that nobody understood which angered me even more!! Haha and the pep was awesome!! Sorry, I'm used to sight reading which makes it easier:) Luv ya darlin!!
    *S*

    ReplyDelete